Table of contents
Are there FREE Excel alternatives to Minitab?
We get asked this question a lot. Many companies or individuals do not want to incur the expense for Minitab or other costly statistical analysis tools. Another reason this question is often asked is because most people are more comfortable with Microsoft Excel.
The answer is YES!
There is are free Microsoft Excel alternatives to Minitab for statistical analysis. Excel has an add-on called the Data Analysis Tool-pack. Plus there are many templates that have been developed and are available on the web.
Six Sigma Definition: Six Sigma is a set of techniques and t... Learn More... Training
Receive your LEAN Definition LEAN is a production method aimed primarily ... Learn More... Six Sigma Definition: Six Sigma is a set of techniques and t... Learn More... training from an Accredited Authorized Training Organization through the IASSC (International Association of Six Sigma Certification). Once you complete the course, you have the option of completing the IASSC exam to receive the IASSC Certification; completing a The Six Sigma Green Belt is a certificate that professionals... Learn More... project; or both. Contact us for more details or click on the button below.
This is a reference to Microsoft Excel alternative tools and templates to Minitab statistical analysis that are taught in our Lean Six Sigma Green Belt and Black Belt course. Below you will find YouTube videos and websites explaining the different tools.
Free Microsoft Excel Built In Graphs
These statistical analyses are created in MS Excel using tools other than the Data Analysis Tool (i.e., using MS Excel’s different default graphing functions)
- Pareto Chart – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDzBkjo8Qeo
- 2nd Level Pareto Chart (Excel can’t perform this analysis)
- Box and Whiskers Plot – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EiS-q6euyf8.
- Time Series Plot – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gl28MOUyYu0
- What is a Scatter Plot and how can i practice it? Also known... – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVA2M7EIx80
Microsoft Excel Data Analysis Tool
These statistical analyses use the MS Excel Data Analysis Tool. We have also included an article explaining the different data analysis tool’s and how to load the MS Excel add-in.
- Installing and Using the MS Excel Data Analysis Tool: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/use-the-analysis-toolpak-to-perform-complex-data-analysis-6c67ccf0-f4a9-487c-8dec-bdb5a2cefab6
- Descriptive Statistics – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wY-Fy-lsE6I
- One Sample t-Test – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-ZcqrdTcIQ
- Two Sample t-Test – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DN4_1ynREIU
- One Way An analysis tool in statistics called Analysis of Variance (... – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwAn7JTMknA
- Regression Analysis – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87iA8KC2l3s
- Correlation is a statistical measure that describes the stre... – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kr64tfZmiGA
Root Cause Analysis Template
Root Cause Analysis template: This FREE Downloadable ZIP file contains seven templates in the Lean Six Sigma Root Cause Analysis toolset. Each template is in a Microsoft Excel format. These tools are used in the DMAIC (Define, Measure, Improve, and Control) phases of a Lean Six Sigma Root Cause Analysis. Enjoy and leave us a 5 Star ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating.
Third-Party Templates that work with Excel
I have attached MS Excel templates to perform the statistical analyses functions below in Excel that we teach in our Lean Six Sigma Green Belt course using Minitab. **These tools were not developed nor are maintained by any Six Sigma Development Solution, Inc. employee.
- Chi-Squared Test – “Chi-Squared Test.xlsx”
- Gauge R&R (Crossed) – “A measurement systems analysis (MSA) is a thorough... Learn More... R&R Crossed.xlsx”
- Attribute Agreement Analysis – “Attribute Agreement Analysis.xlsx”
- Process Capability Analysis – “Process Capability analysis is a method used to evaluate the perform....xlsx”
- Variable Control Charts (IMR and XBarR) – “Variable Control Charts.xlsx”
- P-Chart – “P-Chart.xlsx”
There are free Microsoft Excel alternative tools to Minitab (and other costly) statistical analysis tools. The plus side of these tools is that they have no cost but the downside is their limited functionality.
If you know of other free Excel alternatives to costly statistical analysis tools, let us know in the comments below…