Table of contents
- Learning Path For Six Sigma Green Belt
- What is Lean Six Sigma?
- What Are The Requirements For The Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Training Certification?
- What Are The Career Benefits Of Lean Six Signal Green Belt Program Training?
- Who should get Lean Six Sigma Green Belt certified?
- Two different paths to certification
- Related articles
Learning Path for Six Sigma Green Belt
Organizations are increasingly required to improve efficiency in today’s competitive environment. Lean Six Sigma is a tool that helps organizations achieve this. Lean Six Sigma improves an organization’s performance by using a data-driven methodology. The Official Online Lean Six (6) Sigma Green Belt Certification training creates a learning shift in mindset and culture within an organization, ensuring that there is no waste of time or resources by replacing traditional methods.
What is Lean Six Sigma?
Lean Six Sigma is a fusion of two business principles – Six Sigma, and Lean. This team-focused management approach aims to improve organizational performance by eliminating waste processes involving time, physical resources, and effort. Official Lean Six Sigma certification promotes the idea that resources used to create no value for the customer are wasteful and should be eliminated.
Lean Six Sigma recognizes the importance of stakeholders in every project. It is therefore aware of the importance of collecting and analyzing data to give stakeholders a better understanding of how effective or ineffective the workflow was.
What Are the Requirements for the Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Training Certification?
Anyone who has graduated or is currently employed can attend the official Certified Lean Six (6) Sigma Green Belt online training, which is the first level of formal certification and training for Lean Six Sigma.
Pre-study materials are provided to all applicants upon registration.
It is important to know that Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Training and Certification can only be obtained through a globally recognized certification body such as TUV SUD. Individuals should also have an idea of where they will be applying for their certification in the future.
What Are the Career Benefits of Lean Six Signal Green Belt Program Training?
- Improved Productivity Pressed for space to manufacture new products, Allen Medical employed DMAIC methodology and lean tools to improve the production rate of Arm boards. With their innovative approach, they saved 45 seconds on average, per arm board, and increased the number of arm boards produced each hour from 5.3 to slightly over 6.
- Reduced Costs Defect reduction minimizes waste, hence resulting in a low cost of production and higher profits. Failure to create a quality product can be costly. Creating a substandard product or service can significantly reduce its cost. This is the true “cost of quality”
- Boosts Client’s Confidence in Your Business Implementing Six Sigma can help to streamline processes and reduce customer satisfaction. For instance, by applying the cross-functional process mapping (CFPM) methodology, Citibank was able to identify wasteful steps in their processes and correct them, with remarkable results in customer satisfaction levels.
- Gain Credibility and Stakeholder Trust Customers and stakeholders trust a company whose employees hold relevant qualifications. If a substantial number of your employees are Six Sigma certified, it means that their number one priority will be quality. A company that is driven by quality is competitive and thus instills confidence in investors and partners.
- Reduce Employee Turnover and Training Costs the DMAIC methodology can also be applied in HR management, as noted in a publication on the research gate. Contained within the article is a case study of a multinational company that was losing millions of dollars due to an employee turnover of 35% per year. They wanted to reduce this number to 25%. After implementing Six Sigma, they identified several contributing factors, key among them: poor career prospects and low compensation. To remedy the situation, they introduced new hiring processes and training for new employees, with impressive results: employee turnover was reduced by 10% and it resulted in savings of $1.1 million.
The Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Training offers robust and relevant training in quality improvement and management. This is a skill that’s in demand across industries such as finance, healthcare IT, manufacturing, and more. Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Training can be used to help organizations reduce costs, improve productivity, increase revenue, and satisfy customers.
The Lean Six Sigma Green Belt certification has many benefits for your career.
- Develop a process-oriented approach to identify and solve any problems.
- Ability to analyze critical performance metrics and improve performance.
- Analyze core business KPIs and improve them.
- Learn project management to lead teams.
- Develop the skills required to manage and engage with senior stakeholders.
- Learn the fundamentals of change management.
- Understand and expand your business knowledge.
- Data-driven insights and decisions can be used to improve everyday activities.
Who should get Lean Six Sigma Green Belt certified?
Anyone who wants to learn how to transform processes in business while improving their leadership skills will benefit from the Lean Six Sigma Green Belt. The Lean Six Sigma Green Belt certification provides you with analytical and process skills which can be used in high-management roles. The training also includes leadership skills that can help you stand out from the crowd. This certification can also be useful for those who wish to gain valuable managerial skills and problem-solving abilities that they can apply in real-time scenarios. The TUV SUD Certified Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Program is designed for professionals who have a primary focus on Quality Management. Lean Six Sigma certification is important for companies that are focused on improving business processes.
Two different paths to certification
The Council for Sigma Certification offers two diverse ways to earn a Lean Six (6) Sigma Green Belt Certification. Individuals who feel they understand the Green Belt Certification Body of Knowledge and have received prior training can sit for the standard comprehensive exam.
Individuals using our Self-Study Guides (either independently or with the help of a trainer) can take several small exams as they move through each section, rather than a large comprehensive exam.
Those who choose the second option for Certification will be able, as they advance through the certification process, to earn the distinct levels of our standard certificates (White Belts, Yellow Belts, Green Belts, and Black Belts) without having to pay any additional exam fees.
You can choose to be certified in either direction.
We feel the Multiple Exam paths to be the most beneficial option for those who are newer to the methodology, professionals looking for a solid refresher, or those candidates who would like to reduce their overall examination/certification costs.
Would You Add Anything Else to the Green Belt Learning Path?
Tell us in the comments below.