Table of contents
Benefits of having a Six Sigma Certification
Six SigmaSix Sigma Definition: Six Sigma is a set of techniques and t... Learn More... certifications can be advantageous to companies and individuals alike, as they emphasize quality and efficiency. Getting Six Sigma certified is a great way to advance your career and gain project management experience. Six Sigma principles can help companies increase their sales and improve customer satisfaction. This article discusses the basics of lean manufacturingLean manufacturing (also known as lean production, just-i... Learn More... and what the term Lean Six SigmaSix Sigma Definition: Six Sigma is a set of techniques and t... Learn More... operational excellence certification means and the benefits of the certification for an individual’s career and companies.
What is Six Sigma Certification?
Six Sigma, which was developed in the 1980s, certifies a professional’s expertise in project management techniques and tools. LeanLEAN Definition LEAN is a production method aimed primarily ... Learn More... Six Sigma is a term for a data-driven review method that can be used to reduce defectsMuda (無駄, on'yomi reading) is a ... Learn More... and wasteMuda (無駄, on'yomi reading) is a ... Learn More.... This improves production speed and efficiency. Six Sigma is based on statistical modeling, and it refers to data six standard deviations from the mean of a normal distributionUsed for determining the confidence interval for means or fo... Learn More.... Six Sigma is the statistical probability of an organization having 3.4 defects for every million units.
A certification in this methodology shows employers that you are committed to improving your analytical abilities and using them to benefit the company you work for. Although originally used in the manufacturing processes for operational excellence, many industries–including finance, healthcare, engineering, and construction use Six Sigma to improve their business processes and career.
Six Sigma belt levels
Six Sigma certification levels are based on lean manufacturingLEAN Definition LEAN is a production method aimed primarily ... Learn More... basics and a belt system similar to that of karate. Each new belt represents a better understanding and experience with Lean Six Sigma principles and terms. Belts can be earned through classroom training or on-the-job experiences. There is no standard curriculum for Six Sigma classes. These certifications are provided by accreditation bodies like the American Society for Quality.
- White belt: The entry-level certification, the white belt, focuses on Six Sigma ideals. Often, the certified individual will act as support staff for problem-solving groups, but may not be a member of the team.
- A yellow belt is well-versed in Six Sigma principles, and how to apply them. Yellow belts can help manage small projects and team projects by using Six Sigma principles.
- Green belts are Six Sigma experts with advanced training and experience. Green belts can work with management to solve quality control issues. They may lead projects under the guidance and supervision of professionals at higher belt levels.
- Black beltSix Sigma Black Belt A Certified Six Sigma Black Belt can be... Learn More...: Under the supervision of a master belt, a black belt helps to apply Six Sigma concepts to projects. Black belts can also be project leaders or Six Sigma trainers.
- Master black belts: A master belt is a black belt that manages Six Sigma and gives advice to black and green belts about Six Sigma. Master black belts are often involved in shaping company strategies and initiatives and have a prospering career in six sigma.
- Six Sigma ChampionA Champion in a Six Sigma initiative is the executive sponso... Learn More...: A Six Sigma leader is a senior executive who is responsible for implementing Six Sigma in all departments of their organization. They determine which projects to use, and the resources required to complete them.
Six Sigma certification benefits for individuals
Here are five advantages of becoming Six Sigma-certified:
1. Add value to your employer
Six Sigma certifications can show employers that you are able to solve problems quickly and efficiently. You will also be able to eliminate errors, keep production running smoothly, and find solutions for quality control issues. This certification can also show that you are effective in reducing costs, streamlining procedures, and increasing revenue. These skills can help you gain the trust of employers, leading to more opportunities.
2. Gain on-the-job experience
Six Sigma certification requires that you complete a project using the principles of the tool. The certification processThere are many ways to organize your lean six sigma processe... gives you hands-on experience with project management and quality control. This experience will help you to move into management positions and gain the ability to positively change your organization.
3. Job prospects are improving
Your training in leadership, quality control, and cost reduction can make you stand out. Six Sigma skills are useful across many industries. Being able to prove you possess them will help you qualify for various roles.
4. Promotion to managerial positions
Six Sigma certification improves management, leadership, and financial skills. Employers may value these in managerial positions. Your ability to manage large projects and teams may be improved by increasing your Six Sigma belt levelStatistics level A statistics level is the value of input in... Learn More....
5. Expectations of higher salaries
Six Sigma certification can help your career and negotiate a better salary at work or qualify you for a new role that pays more because you will be able to demonstrate your ability to take on more responsibilities and work more efficiently. Salary increases are based on years of experience and certification levels, as well as employer and geographical region.
Six Sigma certification benefits for businesses
Six Sigma is a process that helps organizations improve their products and services.
1. Productivity can be improved
Six Sigma management techniques allow companies to streamline their production processes, which allows them to produce high-quality products with greater efficiency. Six Sigma operational excellence techniques can help reduce the amount of time, energy, and resources needed to produce a product. This increase in productivity can also result in increased profits.
2. Cost savings
Six Sigma principles are used by companies to reduce waste, eliminate defects and eliminate redundant processes. These improvements lower overall production costs and increase profit margins. Six Sigma is an analytical process that allows managers the ability to examine their business processes, and then make informed decisions. Six Sigma techniques, for instance, can optimize supply chains in a production or manufacturing environment.
3. Credibility and investor trust increased
Professionals certified in Six Sigma can increase profits and reduce redundant business processes. Six Sigma-certified employees in your company may demonstrate a commitment to quality and constant improvement. This could encourage investors to partner with you.
4. Customer satisfaction and loyalty can be improved
Six Sigma can improve quality control and result in better products. Your customers may learn that they can rely on you to deliver a consistently high-quality product or service. This can increase sales and build positive relationships.
Six Sigma is a quality standard that companies can use to meet contract requirements, ensure compliance with national or state standards, and fulfill contractual obligations. These guidelines will help a business stay proactive and adapt to changes in the industry.
Are you interested in boosting your career with a Six Sigma Certification?
We can help! Leave us a comment down below.
IS YOUR ORGANIZATION
DEPLOYING LEAN SIX SIGMA?
THEN YOU NEED TO READ "WHY THEY FAIL"
The Author, Kevin Clay, Master Black Belt with over 20 year experience, will show you why 90% of Continuous Improvement Efforts (like Lean and Six Sigma) either Fail within 18 months.
He will show you how to quickly identify the failures and how to avoid them. If you want to build a sustainable continuous improvement culture in your organization, READ THIS BOOK!
Subscribe to our Newsletter, Download the FREE Sample and get a glimpse into the Powerful Book “WHY THEY FAIL”