A Six Sigma Tollgate Review will help you determine if the goals in the DMAIC stages have been completed and whether you can move on to the next stage. A Six Sigma Tollgate Review is like a checkpoint at which the various team members meet with a project Champion and determine whether the work has been performed as indicated in the project plan and whether the objectives mentioned have been achieved.
This Free Downloadable file contains the Six Sigma Tollgate Reviews for the Define Stage, Measure Stage, Analyze Stage, Improve Stage and Control Stage.
Below is a -snippet- of the Six Sigma Measure Tollgate Review:
Has the Team Identified the Key Measures (Input’s and Y’s)?
- Has a detailed Process Flow Chart/Map been developed to show Quick Wins (redundancies, Lean Improvements)?
- Has the “Input Map” been developed?
- How much time was spent on the development of the Input Map?
- Is the team confident that they have identified most of KPIV’s (Key Process Input Variables)?
- Are the KPOV’s (Key Process Output Variables) described in measureable terms?
- What key measures identified indicate the performance of the business process (The Big Y’s and Little Y’s)?
- What are the agreed upon definitions (specifications) of the high impact characteristics (CTQs), defect(s), unit(s), and opportunities that will figure into the process capability metrics?
Was the Measurement System and the Data Verified?
- Has the team verified the stability and accuracy of the measurement process?
- Was a gauge R&R conducted? If not, how was the Measurement System Verified?
- Has the team used control charts to display and communicate baseline variation in the KPIV’s?
- Is there “Out of Control” situations? If so, how are they being dealt with?
- What is the current process performance baseline?
- How large is the gap between current performance and the customer-specified (goal) performance?